Tuesday, May 3, 2011

Developer job, remote job

WHO I AM LOOKING FOR

1) A developer who has an interest in e-Commerce or technology as it relates to fashion. Some knowledge of design is a plus, but not essential.
2) Someone who has an understanding of the web and an opinion of how the web, e-Commerce and consumer buying behavior will evolve
3) A person who knows the difference between their, there, they're, your, and you're – seriously.
4) Someone willing to defy convention, try new things, and learn

That's it.

You can be any age and located anywhere in the United States. (I am in NYC now.) You must be willing to work for equity. We will be building this product from the ground up, and unfortunately, I cannot afford to pay much.

ABOUT ME

My LinkedIn profile is here: http://www.linkedin.com/in/jennyannchou. Feel free to add me to your network. I am an MBA student from the Wharton School at the University of Pennsylvania, and I'm tired of living by the conventions of someone else.

Before school, I worked as an investment banking analyst, a private equity associate and the director of a non-profit in Southeast Asia. I started my first company at the age of 16 building out an Etsy-type company, but the market at the time was not large enough. While working in the corporate world, I received a broad exposure to different business models, industries, successes and failures.

I am scrappy, smart and ambitious, but I don’t know how to code. It sucks; I suck – I know!

And yes. I shop…that is before graduate school and $170,000 of tuition debt. My favorite e-commerce company is Amazon, my favorite fashion startup is Rent the Runway.com, and my favorite brands are Lanvin and 3.1 Phillip Lim.

THE PRODUCT

High-level: An eBay with a twist, the product will be the FIRST e-Commerce auction platform that provides women and men an opportunity to purchase highly coveted luxury goods and accessories at a substantial discount to retail.

Mission statement: To revolutionize the decision set of an aspirational luxury consumer by empowering them to buy luxury but not at luxury dictated prices.

CONTACT INFORMATION

If any of this remotely interests you, please use the contact info below, and we can go from there. In your reply please include your LinkedIn profile, your favorite online store, and explain to me why it is you want to work with some person you met online. I will try not to laugh out loud if your favorite online retailer is Home Depot.

jenchou@wharton.upenn.edu
(713) 670-4555
@jennyachou

Online Job Listings (partner)

EUFreelance com: Data Entry jobs